Monday, March 30, 2009

It is a gloomy day for me, and I wish the sun would shine again.

My husband's 60th birthday is coming up in April Time is flying by. I had hoped things would be different now. But it is all same ole same ole for us. We planned for him to retire from Yellow on his 60th birthday, and move home and get a local job for the rest of our lives. We have been living away from each other for over 10 years now, and it is not easy for either of us. The place we bought, we planned to share with Micah and Nicole, but they moved to Nebraska, and we took over the payments on their house instead of my building my dream house. The house is right on the road, not even a hundred feet away from the road. If we had not taken over the payments, the house would either be sitting vacant, or be owned by strangers right on top of the property we have, cutting 3 acres from what we hold.

So I will confess I am disappointed in all this. Plus though we(well, I) live about twenty miles or thirty from most of my children, they do not drop in to see me unless I have a job for them. And I had actually decided to live in Micah and Nicole's house because Terry had promised he would retire in April on his birthday and live at home with me. But he had to break the promise because there are no jobs here now due to this ridiculous economy thing. So I am here in this house that is not big enough for my furniture, but too big for me to want to live in alone, without my husband, miles from family.

I also suppose since this economy has caused my husband to have to take a 10% cut in pay on top of having less freight to haul, we will never be able to build our barns, finish the house additions we planned on, or ever get the livestock I had hoped for.
It is a gloomy day for me, and I wish the sun would shine again. Both figuratively and literally.

I know we have our valley times in life, but this valley today seems much deeper and much longer than any I have seen in a long time.
If anyone actually reads this, I could use prayer today!

No comments:

LESSON FROM A LITTLE BOY

Kristi Growing Up

Joshua Growing Up