Friday, July 13, 2012

Chickens come to the farm!

So we got our chickens this week!
My Barred Rocks are finally here.
11 pullets and one rooster.
They are a little worse for wear.
The man we got them from had
not separated the pullets from the roosters.
Hopefully we will have some pretty feathers in a couple weeks.
This is our new rooster.
 We are having a contest to name him on Facebook.

Here are a few of the flock.


TEMPORARY HOUSING

No eggs yet, but they are pretty young.
I do not know very much about poultry, but my chickens are really pretty.
 I love how the tail feathers (on the ones who still have them) stand straight up in the air.
The poor little rooster does not even have all his tail feathers.
I AM HOPING MY GRAND BABIES WILL WANT TO SHOW THEM
AT THE FAIR NEXT SUMMER SO I
CAN SEE IF THEY ARE VERY GOOD QUALITY CHICKENS.

No comments:

LESSON FROM A LITTLE BOY

Kristi Growing Up

Joshua Growing Up